Learn the latest skills
Digital Turn: How to make your school more digital course is a quality course and the best way to learn what your school needs to become more digital. The Digital Turn course focuses on change management on the organisational level, in the context of designing, implementing and evaluating school-wide digital innovations. Although the course targets mainly the primary, secondary and high school leaders, ICT coordinator, and teachers who want to get broader visions on digitalisation, it is also useful for staff of vocational schools/ adult educators. Some of the main topics of the course include: digital turn in schools and the role of school leaders, Upgrading school’s digital infrastructure: mobile devices, network, online learning tools and environments, school-wide policy on digital safety, supporting pedagogical innovation: innovative learning scenarios, creating and managing, copyright and licensing digital learning resources, examples on successful school-level digital innovations from other countries and more.
The added value of the course is that it offers app search/store possibilities, experience in the tablet/apps use exchange, innovation in methods and approaches while using the m-devices, and implementation of them into daily activities in teaching and learning.
Upskill your organization
Target group are the school management, teachers, special education teachers and all other non-teaching experts and staff working in school education, adult education and VET.
The course covers a wide range of topics that schools need to consider and tackle when introducing/updating and securing digitalization in their school:
- Digital turn in schools and the role of school leaders
- Research on digital innovation in schools, Fullan’s framework for whole-school digital turn
- Upgrading school’s digital infrastructure: mobile devices, network, online learning tools and environments
- School-wide policy on digital safety
- Supporting pedagogical innovation: innovative learning scenarios
- Creating and managing, copyright and licensing digital learning resources
- Teacher education & in-service training and game-based learning.
- Change management in school: supporting teachers, disseminating best practice, involving parents and community
- Monitoring and communicating the results of your school’s digital turn project
- Examples on successful school-level digital innovations from other countries.
The course methodology is effectuated and build's on Michael Fullan's ideas on school development where team of qualified teachers/coordinators and school leaders work together as a task force group for planning and implementing whole-school digital innovation. Digital innovation in schools requires systemic change management that is carried out in collaboration between principals, teachers, pupils, parents and local community. Too much change at once could cause negative reaction among teachers, pupils and parents, especially if the change is forced on employees by the school’s administration. Hence the need for developing a mix of different competences that should be present within the school team: technical, pedagogical, communicative, international/intercultural collaboration etc. Participants work individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in the own school.
Earn a certificate
The course participants will get a Certificate of Active Attendance.
The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
What makes Euneos the leading course provider in Europe?
Euneos consistently has regards to challenges and retaliates by offering multiple options for quality courses to its clients following the Quality Standards for courses under Key Action 1 as required by the European Commission.
Digital Turn: How to make your school more digital on-site courses take place in Tallinn, Estonia, Cadiz, Spain, Santa Cruz, Tenerife and Amsterdam/Utrecht the Netherlands. Digital turn: How to make your school more digital are 7 day courses that start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday at 13:00 o'clock.
> planned courses
- 23 – 29 October 2022 Cadiz Spain.
- CONFIRMED 8-14 January 2023 Santa Cruz Tenerife, Spain.
- CONFIRMED 5 - 11 March 2023, Rijeka, Croatia
- 21 – 27 May 2023 Tallinn, Estonia
- 22-28 October 2023 Tallinn Estonia
- 07 - 13 January 2024, Tenerife, Spain
- 26 May - 1 June 2024, Tallinn, Estonia
- 20 - 26 October 2024, Cadiz, Spain
Euneos has an international team of trainers who are the most experienced in the field of their expertise. Meet Euneos' trainers for the How to make your school more international course:
Main organiser / trainer
Mart Laanpere, PhD
- Professor at Tallinn University, Estonia
- Head of the R&D Centre for Educational Technology in Tallinn University
- Former mathematics and physics teacher and school principal
- Member of board of course provider Euneos, Finland
After working as a mathematics & physics teacher and school principal, he has been involved in teacher education and educational technology research for last 20 years. Mart has been contributing to international research projects focusing on the use of mobile technology and social software in teaching and learning. He is coordinating the training of school teams in the project “Digital Turn towards 1:1 Computing” funded by Samsung (www.samsungdigipoore.ee); and expert in school digital innovation and change.
Euneos choice of venues is based on two essentials: delivering professionalism and assuring personal well-being in order to warrant enjoyable course experience.
Santa Cruz, Tenerife
Amsterdam/Utrecht, The Netherlands
> practical information (venue, accommodation, transport etc.)